Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Friday, December 28, 2012

The Year Is Almost Over...It's Mostly been Very Good


There are some days when I have no new photos,
when there is nothing particular on my mind to post about.
This is one of those days.

 I have been thinking about a 2013 bucket-type list and all I can come up with is the list of things I need to do today.  Maybe this would be a good place to make my list.  Perhaps I'd be more inclined to follow-through, as I'd be accountable to friends and strangers.
 Being accountable to myself doesn't always work.
Friday's To Do List
1.  Reschedule appointment for annual physical.
2.  Call SilverScript to see if I really have to pay them for January Drug Plan, since it's supposed to be taken out of
my social security check.
3.  Call Dental Office to get appointment for device adjustment
4.  Go to Grocery Store
5.  Call California Sleep Study to arrange a later wake up call.  No one wants to pick me up at 5:30 a.m., on Jan 3.  
6.  Call Comcast to find out why website is not allowing me to get past repeatedly entering my user name and password.
7.  Schedule Mammogram
8.  Complete information for Sleep Study
9.  Get Printer Ink
10.  Call Kathleen about attending her 70th birthday
party in Palm Springs
11.  Buy Stamps
12.  Pay Blue Cross Anthem
14.  Take checks to mailbox
15. Eat fresh fruit....enough with the sugar!

Yikes, I'm tired....

One only has to read this list to understand the reason for the blog title; at least the aging and humility and woman, part.
Haven't found the humor today.  I'm not through my wake-up coffee though.  Maybe  the caffeine will bring on the amusement.  

Here's a photo of me taken on Christmas Eve.
What it points out most clearly is that over the years, I've lost my neck.  I used to wear high turtle neck sweaters.  
Now, even a mock turtleneck is too much.  My head appears to be resting on my shoulders.
Either this is something no one tells you about the aging process, or it was something I refused to hear.  That's more likely.
My friends of similar age tell me they too  have lost their ability to wear a turtleneck.  All things equal, not the worse thing, just unexpected and odd.  And, I had some really nice turtleneck sweaters!

I've completed most of the things on my list today.  Reward time.

And just for the sheer pleasure of it I watched this video of Venice.
It comes as close to portraying the Venice of my heart and mind as anything except the real thing can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments