Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sloggy Saturday

 Today is the first day of Advent.  A friend sent me a Jacqui Lawson Advent calendar for my birthday.  I've been waiting somewhat patiently for Dec. 1, to activate the calendar.  It was fun visiting the Toy Store today via the e-advent calendar

Through Christmas Day, I'll be adding  Christmas cards or Christmas advertisements as they were when I was a child.




It's raining and has been all night and most of yesterday.  Yesterday afternoon when  I looked out and saw the sun shining, I grabbed my coat, purse and small camera and headed out to pharmacy and grocery store during the lull in the storm. 

 A civic minded, or OCD neighbor on my block cleaned gutters and leaves from our side of the street, untold hours after the storm dropped the first round of leaves.  I hope a big wind does not come to undo all his hard work. 

 
Looking up and down "O" Street from 17th

I run my errands quickly, but carefully, as all the sidewalks were wet and slick with leaves.  

Today it's just me indoors with my laptop, iPad, Kindle, Nook and TV.  

Confluence - Daily Detail
Hopefully, the rain has washed the apple clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments