Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Thursday, December 13, 2012

There is a Nip in the Air Today






I'm thinking about winter today.  
The house is still half asleep, I'm having my coffee, enjoying the lights on the Christmas tree and the otherwise cozy feel to the room. 
I think of winter as the time to gather in; to get still,  to go dormant somewhat and rest until Spring.  
The ability to do that went with the way of the agrarian, however, retirement lends itself to 
going back to nature's way. Jude (also retired) tends her extensive garden from mid-May to mid-October, working long hours daily.  The result is remarkable, but when winter comes, (Bend, OR...real winter there) she says she enjoys the natural break from the garden.  By Spring she's ready to get back outside. 

A tiny bit of Jude's garden in mid-September 2012