Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rainy Days and Sunday's


 I had great expectations that my living room ceiling, which has so often leaked over the last 12 winters, would finally catch a break, (or that I would) after the east side of the building was rebuilt, new gutters put on, etc. in September.  Took 5 days of sustained rain for it to break through, but I was greeted this morning with a drenched  sofa arm and water standing on a table.  I've done this before, so I know what to do.   A tiny downside to living in a less than perfectly maintained, 107 year old house. 

 Being repaired, January 2011.  Here we go again. 

Sacramento, Calif.
Another major storm moving into Northern California was expected to bring more pouring rain, flooding and additional problems to an area already soaked after two major storms.  Heavy rain will continue to pound Northern California on Friday and into the weekend.  Residents of Northern California enjoyed just a bit of a respite, but the next storm -- the third in a string of powerful weather systems to hit the region since Wednesday -- is expected to force several rivers over their banks after it arrives
 Saturday evening.

East Sacramento


Intrepid marathoner's showed up for today's
30th Annual California Marathon

From My Front Porch
 

Confluence - Daily Detail
Even whales visit us from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments