Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Is it Thursday, Already?

Friend, Jone and I try to have lunch every Thursday, although  not infrequently we get together on Friday 
because Thursday didn't work out for one reason or another. 
 I was awakened about 2:30 a.m this morning. by the sound of something being deconstructed with a sledge hammer or so it sounded.  I tried to figure out if it was something I needed to be worried about for my own safety.  Finally decided it was coming from the apartment upstairs and directly over my bedroom.  This old house, now a 4-plex apartment building has no insulation between apartments, so it can get noisy.  I decided to sleep in the "closet bedroom" in the front of the house, then didn't wake up until after 11 a.m.  When Jone's e-mail...Same Time, Same Place came to verify lunch, I was barely awake.  
We'll try again tomorrow. 

Here are more photos from yesterday's walk to downtown Sacramento.  Last year it was determined that vehicle traffic would be allowed on K Street, instead of just lite rail and pedestrians.   The hope was that it would help bring more people to downtown.  There has been some positive movement with more restaurants opening.  Yet there are still a few blocks where you wouldn't want to be after dark.  I keep forgetting that car traffic is allowed and still stand in the middle of the street taking photos only to be made aware I'm in the way of a car.  I'd better get that figured out soon, for my safety. 

The street's name is "K", as in, Sacramento downtown and midtown is laid out in grids,
A to X Street and 1st to 30th Streets.

"The Kay district signage is in line with other district signage around Sacramento, such as the “Welcome to East Sac” shields or the “Boulevard Park” sign toppers. We look forward to all that is still to come to The Kay!"
 Redevelopment projects apparently start with naming and a cute sign..so now it's THE KAY.
I live in the  Downtown District, however, it's also
SOCA...or South of Capital Area, but I'm only one street over
from  the R Street District.
I'm so confused!


 Downtown Sacramento skyline from West Sacramento looking at Sacramento River,
 Old Town, and then modern Sacramento.

 
 Seasonal ice skating rink at 7th and K

 
 Crest Theater

 

 Old Woolworth's building, 10th and K

Here's the way it looked when I frequented it.




Confluence - Daily Detail


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments