Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Another Day


I'm discovering how difficult it is to come up with something to add to this blog daily. Turns out that I'm neither wise or humorous on a daily basis!  Who knew? 

If I'd been wiser in my younger years about oh, so many things, I'd be in Paris right now and looking forward to Spring in Venice.  However, I wasn't.  I am aware, however, that I have instead been blessed with the gift of time and...a camera.  I'm learning to see the details; the details right in my own yard and neighborhood.  In some ways it seems that my life has gotten smaller, but it has actually been greatly enlarged by homing/honing (Google says either are correct/with honing edging out homing) in on nature's beauty in the tiniest details. Of course, two weeks in Venice (not in peak tourist or flood seasons, preferably) and a month in Paris are still on my TO DO list.  I promise I'll look for the tiniest details 

in Paris and Venice, too.  

Walked to Safeway today to start 

Thanksgiving dinner shopping.  
I took the little camera and got a nice shot...


   

  It is such a beautiful day that I went out later with the bigger camera to get more photos in the neighborhood and in Fremont Park.



 I can't get enough of these little flowers.  The details blow me away.  I like the shadows in this one, as well.





 These colors are delicious!


This prolifically blooming shrub was being pruned as I walked by and this branch was laying on the sidewalk.

 Old California-like architectural details




 
 This art in Fremont Park has hundred of details.  I'm going to add a detail a day to this blog
and that could an go on for sometime to come.

(Confluence, the 8-foot sculptures  are welcomed additions to the neighborhood.  the intricate and boldly colored vessels are located on the 16th Street side of the park under the grand redwood tree.

Designed to be touched by visitors rather than observed from a distance, these textural concrete sculptures represent the diverse culture and history of Sacramento and the park’s namesake, John C. Fremont.)
 Artist Stephanie Taylor



Even some trees can't lift their branches to the sun.



Back home...on front porch.  Three leaf clovers are marginally lucky; but definitely pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments