Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Long, Full and Fun Weekend

Took Amtrak to Turlock on
Saturday, March 2

 Gallo Center, Saturday night
Re-lived music of our youth





  


  Sunday drive to see Almond blossoms









 Back to Sac on Monday from Modesto





 This bag that Don, Charlie and Jack gave me many years ago is getting to the end of it's travels
It's been to Europe 3 times/8 weeks
10 years of business trips
12 trips to Texas
Several trips to Oregon
Multiple  overnights or weekends with  friends and family
Two - 2 week driving trips in America Southeast
Once to Hong Kong
It deserves it's place in suitcase heaven.

 

 Looking out the window
 
 Stockton




 Lodi

 
 

 St. Mary's Church in East Sacramaento
Both my babies were baptized at St. Mary's

 Sutter Memorial Hospital
Both my babies were born at Sutter Memorial


 A lot of train travel looks like this


Mary is picking me up at Sacramento Valley Station
then we're off for a day of adventure in the foothills
North of Sacramento:.Loomis, Newcastle, Auburn
Stay turned.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day ...lovely day before the rain hits for doing so. When in Loomis hope you stop at High Hand and have some home made potato chips for me. I miss being just under 10 minutes from there and being able to explore the shops in the warehouse.. there is a lovely shabby re-sale shop there I just adore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed High Hill and I'll post those pictures tomorrow. It was Monday, so the cafe and other shops were closed, but we found other points of interest. It was a beautiful and very pleasurable day spent with a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments