Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Saturday, March 9, 2013

I have often walked down this street before

Walking down 15th Street
to SPCA Thrift Store on D



 Art Deco Building



 
 
  
 


   

Didn't find anything I wanted at the thrift store
Walking back on 16th Street

    Old Governor's Mansion Museum
Our current governor, Jerry Brown grew up here when his dad was
governor for many years
  

Governor Brown now lives 2 blocks south of the old mansion in this loft
The ground floor was historically a Buick showroom and dealership.




  Planters made from tires at the old Firestone Tire store
Now the Firestone restaurant and pub
Almost home

2 comments:

  1. I loved touring the mansion last Spring. You are, and I shall say it again, lucky to live in the part of the city that you do, because around my area there is no place worth taking photos of past the park... frustrating at times. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel lucky living where I do. I was a bit out of my comfort zone going all the way to D Street. A young man stopped me to ask me how he looked. I told him he looked great. I was thinking that if he was going for a clown look, he'd nailed it. But it didn't seem prudent to say so.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments