Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Thursday, March 14, 2013

A March Day that I'll try to Remember in the Middle of July

Our March weather in Northern California can have some wonderfully warm days in Spring
and we are having those now.  The weather has been perfect for me for walking,
going to lunch with a friend, today and for taking some snapshots.

Walking to Vallejo's at 11th and O

I like the paint color on the coffee shop, except when this tree is in bloom.
The colors just don't blend well and it's noticeable enough to give thought to it,
rather than just enjoying the blossoms.

  I'm guessing this is a train, but it also looks like it could be an elephant or an insect.


I walked back on N Street and noticed this art on the sides of the doors on both the
 Department of Transportation and Food and Agriculture  Buildings

I wonder if these were WPA projects.
I'll check it out. 


 I like the colors in this scene

 More sidewalk stenciling

 I'm not understanding the significance of this Egyptian looking person in a couple of these panels.
If I'm right about the WPA projects, perhaps the Egyptian represents the government???

The cars, uniform and motorcycle appear to be from the 1930's


 Maybe old post office boxes?  Don't know what the women signify.


 Free Masons?

 Reflecting a bit of Capital Park

 I keep meaning to go to a concert, but so far, I haven't.






 Even old manhole covers were made to look like works of art.

 This leaf is about 3 times what it appears in this photo.

See, the modern utility covers are not so beautiful. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting what you find when you take a closer look!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments