Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunny Sunday Before a Week of Predicted Rain

Walking through Downtown Plaza Mall to Old Sacramento

  

Walking through the tunnel under I 5 to Old Town
 Mural is length of tunnel and certainly breaks up all that concrete


 I don't understand all the symbolism but I like it.

 

 Where to go and what not to do when you get there
  

 


I was in Old Sacramento ahead of the revelers today.



I came to Old Sacramento to find the Megabus Pick Up location.
This is it.
  
 Looking up J Street
 

I was trying a different lens on the large camera today.
The shutter has a problem and the larger lens wasn't cooperating; hence the smaller lens.
It doesn't have a zoom feature, so the photos are different from my usual ones
as I've grown fond of close-ups; the details.  
 However, today I was glad to be forced into looking at things differently, yet again.
I've been going to Old Sacramento since before Redevelopment and never
knew there was river access north of Dellta Queen.  Not only
did the camera change my point of view but the position
from which I was taking the photos was new for me.

 I Street Bridge




 Looking across the Sacramento River to West Sacramento

 Now looking back at downtown Sacramento

 This is still in Old Town, just a river level
 
 Delta King with Tower Bridge





 

 Early police presence
after a New Year's Eve murder
over a spilled drink



 
 
 Back through the tunnel to Downtown Plaza

 Looking back

 Into Macy's for a pair of culottes - Size 12 - YAH
   
 Looking onto K Street

  

 
 Catching lite rail to home

Out the train window
 

 Another lovely day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments