Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Day

For many years, I've been fortunate to be invited to a friend's home  for her 
New Year's Day Southern Dinner.


On my way out...Christmas cactus on front porch

I took lite rail and then walked about a mile.  It was a cold, but very sunny day and I enjoyed the walk and the photo ops.
 
 This is what I see while waiting at the 16th Street Station

There are still a few Christmas decoration up and out

Winter is here

 Wonder if they had persimmon cookies for Chrsitmas



 I love Sacramento neighborhoods

 I particularly like this house



I'm glad the people who live here don't care that the lawn is worn under the swing.
Who could resist that nice limb for a swing?
 Almost there

 I've arrived

I got permission before I took photos
They were cool with my (could be) intrusive photo taking















 And then there was dinner
Pork chops, spinach, mac and cheese, black-eyed peas






Thanks again Jackie, it was delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments