Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Friday, October 19, 2012

It's Fall...I'm Alive

I come alive when the weather cools and that 'fall' feeling is in the air.  It's just the way my body and mind works.  I'd love to be as enthusiastic in all seasons of the year, but instead fall is the time when I naturally enjoy feathering my nest,  giving dinner parties, and hosting family and friends during the holidays. I made a pot of stew last weekend and had friends in for dinner to enjoy it with me on Monday evening.  It  isn't quite stew time here and the butcher had to cut stew meat just for me. Our real Fall weather lasts briefly but when school starts, granddaughter is cheer leading for her school's varsity football team, grandson's first flag football is played, pumpkins are everywhere...it's FALL.

My neighborhood helps me get through summer pleasantly enough.  Farmer's Market is just across the street from the first Tuesday of May to the last Tuesday of September.  Hot Italian, a restaurant about 1/2 block away, provides music in the park at noon every Thursday.
Friends of the Park sets up a big screen and shows a family-type movie on an occasional Friday night.  Summer officially ends for me with the 3 day, Chalk It Up festival in the park over the Labor Day weekend.  The weather doesn't usually cooperate with my need for fall, but I don't let that stop me.  This year there were still several days of triple degree weather after Labor Day, but still it was time to cover my dining table with a quilt, bring out more magazines, books and objects than I like to use in the heat of summer; just adding 'cozy'.




2 comments:

  1. Fall sounds like a fun time around Liz's. Margaret and I have been cutting down trees and brush in the back and it is beginning to look like a beautiful park. Liz, by the end of spring you can walk all over the back and not have to worry about the poison ivy. It is looking better each week. Stan & Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I get to see your beautiful park-like back 40 before too much time passes. DJ will appreciate, as well that the poison ivy will be gone. One of the differences in your beautiful park and mine is that Sacramento Parks Department takes care of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments