Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Beginnings and Endings

And so here it is, Sunday, the beginning of a new week.  I "churched" today at the World Peace Rose Garden in Capital Park.  After summer is over the garden is left to grow willy-nilly before being severely pruned at the end of October. It's my favorite time in the garden now.  Most of the weddings are over until Spring.  The cooling weather allows for lingering; stopping to smell the roses. The next time I see the garden, the plants will be short, knobby, brown stubs but in just a few months, new life peeks through and by next October the roses will be higher than I, and so it goes.

Sunday in Fall in Midtown - and what I see through these aging eyes that will be tested on Tuesday.  I have a notion my photos will get sharper when my new prescription allows me to see things clearly again.  I've just been guessing at photo clarity for the last couple of months.
I love that others enjoy my front yard...Fremont Park.

I've lived long enough to have seen a lot of bad news, and have enough history to know things always change and often for the better.  

A good cup of coffee helps everything look brighter.  A bright sign about a
good cup of coffee does, too.
Simple Pleasures

Roses.....
Whether simple or complex
Pink or Purple
Yellow or Orange
Fading around the Edges....
All Have Their Own Beauty
 Still looks like summer.



"I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall. "
Eleanor Roosevelt
  
 
 I like the symbolism here.  
This was once lush with petals, and even though they've all dropped off, there is a different, but still exquisite beauty which remains. 

 Almost home and without any yogurt.

Though it was an apartment fire the same week as 9/11/2001 that moved me on to where I now live. I've grown to love my home and neighborhood more and more, over the 11 years I've been here.  My world is within walking distance.  And with trains, buses, shuttles and cabs, I can get to anywhere else I need or want to go. In other words, not having a car hasn't kept me stationery. Where there is a will or public transportation, or Jennifer, or Chris, or Brian, or Kourtney, or Sara or Becky, or Donny, or James, Janyll or Jackie, Stacey, Cathy, or Nina, Betty, Jude......
there is a way!
Hum...I sure hope I'm offering back friendship as wonderful as that which I receive.

This was a good note upon which to start a new week...in gratitude for the Village
that keeps me together
body, mind and soul.
Amen!

5 comments:

  1. I love this! I am glad you are writing and updating again! Now I can see Sacramento through your eyes, the parts I never get to see as I only go to Old Town ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby, Thank You. Sacramento looks ever so lovely through my camera eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, beautiful sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This day's blog reminds me of Robert Herrick (1591–1674) poem:

    "To the Virgins, to make much of Time"

    GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may,
    Old Time is still a-flying:
    And this same flower that smiles to-day
    To-morrow will be dying.

    The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
    The higher he's a-getting,
    The sooner will his race be run,
    And nearer he's to setting.

    That age is best which is the first,
    When youth and blood are warmer;
    But being spent, the worse, and worst
    Times still succeed the former.

    Then be not coy, but use your time,
    And while ye may, go marry:
    For having lost but once your prime,
    You may for ever tarry.

    Not real sure that last verse is fodder for today's youth but I love the rest of the poem. Lanora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, that is a beautiful poem, which I haven't thought about in 50 years.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments