Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. Tagore

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Getting Ahead of the Rain Or Not

Forecast called for rain around 2:00 p.m.
At 11:00 I headed out to take some photos
I planned to saunter to the river in Old Sacramento

Sky looks threatening

A Little Bit of Fall


More signs of fall

World Peace Rose Garden at Capital Park


There will be another 3 months of roses before they are pruned
Concentrating on buds today












There is always an unusually beautiful 
color or shape that catches my eye













Can I get to K Street before the rain starts?

Can't pass the Vietnam War Memorial without
stopping to pay respect to those boys who lost their lives at the same
age I was getting on with my life in college.















This is where I was when the deluge came.
So I stopped and had lunch at Maya's Kitchen
Then I had coffee and then more coffee
trying to wait out the storm
From my table by the window


I was watching the staff hurriedly remove linens, centerpieces, umbrellas, tables and chairs
from outdoor patio

This was much tastier than it looks

For quite awhile I was the only diner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous allows you to comment without becoming a followers. In drop down box, Click Anonymous first, then make comments